Los Angeles News
Boyle Heights teacher pleads guilty to sex with students
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Boyle Heights Spanish teacher pleaded guilty Monday to charges she had sex with two students. Gabriela Cortez entered guilty pleas to six felony counts of unlawful sexual intercourse.
Prosecutors say Cortez, 43, had sex with two male students, who were 16 and 17 at the time, at her Montebello residence in 2009 and 2010.
Cortez was a teacher at Roosevelt High School in Boyle Heights. She was arrested in February. She was placed on leave after her arrest.
Cortez was free on bail Monday pending her scheduled sentencing in January.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
lausd, arrest, sex crimes, los angeles news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break