Los Angeles News
Boyle Heights teacher pleads guilty to sex with students
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Boyle Heights Spanish teacher pleaded guilty Monday to charges she had sex with two students. Gabriela Cortez entered guilty pleas to six felony counts of unlawful sexual intercourse.
Prosecutors say Cortez, 43, had sex with two male students, who were 16 and 17 at the time, at her Montebello residence in 2009 and 2010.
Cortez was a teacher at Roosevelt High School in Boyle Heights. She was arrested in February. She was placed on leave after her arrest.
Cortez was free on bail Monday pending her scheduled sentencing in January.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
lausd, arrest, sex crimes, los angeles news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video 24 min ago
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects 9 min ago
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building 12 min ago
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book