Los Angeles News
Councilman Alarcon's daughter, Andrea Alarcon, investigated for child endangerment
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- There's a child endangerment investigation involving Los Angeles Board of Public Works President Andrea Alarcon.
She is the 33-year-old daughter of Councilman Richard Alarcon.
Andrea Alarcon is being investigated after her 11-year old daughter was found unattended at City Hall at about 11:45 p.m. Friday, where a party had earlier been held. The girl was taken to the LAPD Central Station, where her mother turned up a few hours later.
Andrea Alarcon said in a statement, "My daughter is my top priority and nothing could be more important to me than her well-being. In order for me to be the best parent possible, I have decided to seek professional help and treatment."
It was unclear what she was receiving treatment for. She was not arrested.
In December, a California Highway Patrol officer arrested Alarcon on suspicion of drunken driving. Prosecutors charged her with DUI as well as cruelty to a child because her child was in the car.
She pleaded not guilty to the charges and is due back in court again next month.
City News Service contributed to this report.
los angeles news
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 59 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years 29 min ago
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video