Los Angeles News
Councilman Alarcon's daughter, Andrea Alarcon, investigated for child endangerment
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- There's a child endangerment investigation involving Los Angeles Board of Public Works President Andrea Alarcon.
She is the 33-year-old daughter of Councilman Richard Alarcon.
Andrea Alarcon is being investigated after her 11-year old daughter was found unattended at City Hall at about 11:45 p.m. Friday, where a party had earlier been held. The girl was taken to the LAPD Central Station, where her mother turned up a few hours later.
Andrea Alarcon said in a statement, "My daughter is my top priority and nothing could be more important to me than her well-being. In order for me to be the best parent possible, I have decided to seek professional help and treatment."
It was unclear what she was receiving treatment for. She was not arrested.
In December, a California Highway Patrol officer arrested Alarcon on suspicion of drunken driving. Prosecutors charged her with DUI as well as cruelty to a child because her child was in the car.
She pleaded not guilty to the charges and is due back in court again next month.
City News Service contributed to this report.
los angeles news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Target photo flap creates thigh gap
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)