Los Angeles News
LAX officers hand out free parking coupons
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A holiday trip to LAX usually means seeing happy reunions, but before all that, there's usually several minutes of tension as illegally parked drivers watch for police. But on Thursday, traffic officers at LAX handed out coupons for free 30-minute parking over the Thanksgiving weekend.
The effort is designed to reduce the amount of traffic in the central terminal area.
"It gets them out of a ticket. It also gives them that time to relax, and put their car in a secure parking lot and be able to walk their loved ones to depart or properly meet them at the curb," said LAX Airport Police Lt. Frank Ramirez.
The free parking deal is slated to run through Monday or until all the cards have been handed out.
Drivers headed to LAX on Sunday are warned be prepared because it's expected to be the busiest travel day of the year.
los angeles international airport, holiday, los angeles news, rob hayes
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter