Los Angeles News
LAX officers hand out free parking coupons
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A holiday trip to LAX usually means seeing happy reunions, but before all that, there's usually several minutes of tension as illegally parked drivers watch for police. But on Thursday, traffic officers at LAX handed out coupons for free 30-minute parking over the Thanksgiving weekend.
The effort is designed to reduce the amount of traffic in the central terminal area.
"It gets them out of a ticket. It also gives them that time to relax, and put their car in a secure parking lot and be able to walk their loved ones to depart or properly meet them at the curb," said LAX Airport Police Lt. Frank Ramirez.
The free parking deal is slated to run through Monday or until all the cards have been handed out.
Drivers headed to LAX on Sunday are warned be prepared because it's expected to be the busiest travel day of the year.
los angeles international airport, holiday, los angeles news, rob hayes
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt 59 min ago
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Luxury-grade SUVs increasingly popular
27 min ago