Los Angeles News
LAX officers hand out free parking coupons
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A holiday trip to LAX usually means seeing happy reunions, but before all that, there's usually several minutes of tension as illegally parked drivers watch for police. But on Thursday, traffic officers at LAX handed out coupons for free 30-minute parking over the Thanksgiving weekend.
The effort is designed to reduce the amount of traffic in the central terminal area.
"It gets them out of a ticket. It also gives them that time to relax, and put their car in a secure parking lot and be able to walk their loved ones to depart or properly meet them at the curb," said LAX Airport Police Lt. Frank Ramirez.
The free parking deal is slated to run through Monday or until all the cards have been handed out.
Drivers headed to LAX on Sunday are warned be prepared because it's expected to be the busiest travel day of the year.
los angeles international airport, holiday, los angeles news, rob hayes
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained 19 min ago
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart 48 min ago
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)