Los Angeles News
Canoga Park strip mall fire: Man's body found
CANOGA PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Authorities are trying to identify a man whose body was found inside a burned-out strip mall in Canoga Park.
The fire started on Thursday in the 7800 block of Alabama Avenue. Firefighters were able to contain the damage to seven of the 14 shops.
The man's body was found in the shop where the fire started. Officials say there were no working smoke alarms or security doors in that particular shop, but it was equipped with fire sprinklers.
The cause of the blaze was under investigation.
fire, body found, los angeles news
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race 45 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies 35 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video