Los Angeles News
Canoga Park strip mall fire: Man's body found
CANOGA PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Authorities are trying to identify a man whose body was found inside a burned-out strip mall in Canoga Park.
The fire started on Thursday in the 7800 block of Alabama Avenue. Firefighters were able to contain the damage to seven of the 14 shops.
The man's body was found in the shop where the fire started. Officials say there were no working smoke alarms or security doors in that particular shop, but it was equipped with fire sprinklers.
The cause of the blaze was under investigation.
fire, body found, los angeles news
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 39 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church 34 min ago
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC 24 min ago
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis