Los Angeles News
Canoga Park strip mall fire: Man's body found
CANOGA PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Authorities are trying to identify a man whose body was found inside a burned-out strip mall in Canoga Park.
The fire started on Thursday in the 7800 block of Alabama Avenue. Firefighters were able to contain the damage to seven of the 14 shops.
The man's body was found in the shop where the fire started. Officials say there were no working smoke alarms or security doors in that particular shop, but it was equipped with fire sprinklers.
The cause of the blaze was under investigation.
fire, body found, los angeles news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers 10 min ago
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die 52 min ago
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker