Los Angeles News
Andrea Alarcon, LA Public Works president, takes leave of absence after child endangerment probe
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Andrea Alarcon, the president of the Los Angeles Board of Public Works, is taking a leave of absence after word of a child endangerment investigation.
Andrea Alarcon is the daughter of Los Angeles City Councilman Richard Alarcon. It is unknown how long her leave of absence will last.
Police found her 11-year-old daughter unattended during a party at City Hall. The Department of Children and Family Services is investigating.
Andrea Alarcon released a statement saying her daughter is her top priority and in order to be the best possible parent, she has decided to seek treatment.
los angeles news
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker 15 min ago
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains 6 min ago
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies 44 min ago
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder 43 min ago
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Taylor Swift's most beautiful looks
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
25 min ago