Los Angeles News
Andrea Alarcon, LA Public Works president, takes leave of absence after child endangerment probe
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Andrea Alarcon, the president of the Los Angeles Board of Public Works, is taking a leave of absence after word of a child endangerment investigation.
Andrea Alarcon is the daughter of Los Angeles City Councilman Richard Alarcon. It is unknown how long her leave of absence will last.
Police found her 11-year-old daughter unattended during a party at City Hall. The Department of Children and Family Services is investigating.
Andrea Alarcon released a statement saying her daughter is her top priority and in order to be the best possible parent, she has decided to seek treatment.
los angeles news
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions 59 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors
- Alison Arngrim speaks about sex abuse
56 min ago