Los Angeles News
Andrea Alarcon, LA Public Works president, takes leave of absence after child endangerment probe
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Andrea Alarcon, the president of the Los Angeles Board of Public Works, is taking a leave of absence after word of a child endangerment investigation.
Andrea Alarcon is the daughter of Los Angeles City Councilman Richard Alarcon. It is unknown how long her leave of absence will last.
Police found her 11-year-old daughter unattended during a party at City Hall. The Department of Children and Family Services is investigating.
Andrea Alarcon released a statement saying her daughter is her top priority and in order to be the best possible parent, she has decided to seek treatment.
los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months