Los Angeles News
Andrea Alarcon, LA Public Works president, takes leave of absence after child endangerment probe
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Andrea Alarcon, the president of the Los Angeles Board of Public Works, is taking a leave of absence after word of a child endangerment investigation.
Andrea Alarcon is the daughter of Los Angeles City Councilman Richard Alarcon. It is unknown how long her leave of absence will last.
Police found her 11-year-old daughter unattended during a party at City Hall. The Department of Children and Family Services is investigating.
Andrea Alarcon released a statement saying her daughter is her top priority and in order to be the best possible parent, she has decided to seek treatment.
los angeles news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne 30 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case 21 min ago
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations 26 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Tips on how to avoid Xmas holiday hazards
19 min ago