Los Angeles News
Los Angeles-Vegas party train coming in 2013
LAS VEGAS (KABC) -- What happens in Vegas could also happen on a luxurious party train from Southern California to Sin City.
A Nevada company has signed an agreement with Union Pacific Railroad to bring the X Train to life.
The pact allows the Las Vegas Railway Express to use tracks between Daggett in San Bernardino County and Sin City.
The proposed X Train would feature an ultra lounge, recliners, TVs, and private cars for bachelor parties.
"The whole idea is when you get on a train, you feel like you're in Las Vegas," said Michael Barron, president and CEO of the $100 million venture that hopes to launch its maiden voyage on New Year's Eve 2013. "It's essentially a nightclub on wheels."
The trip is expected to last five hours and cost $99 each way.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
california, los angeles news
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials 36 min ago
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy 5 min ago
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold front moving across Southern California
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film