Los Angeles News
Los Angeles-Vegas party train coming in 2013
LAS VEGAS (KABC) -- What happens in Vegas could also happen on a luxurious party train from Southern California to Sin City.
A Nevada company has signed an agreement with Union Pacific Railroad to bring the X Train to life.
The pact allows the Las Vegas Railway Express to use tracks between Daggett in San Bernardino County and Sin City.
The proposed X Train would feature an ultra lounge, recliners, TVs, and private cars for bachelor parties.
"The whole idea is when you get on a train, you feel like you're in Las Vegas," said Michael Barron, president and CEO of the $100 million venture that hopes to launch its maiden voyage on New Year's Eve 2013. "It's essentially a nightclub on wheels."
The trip is expected to last five hours and cost $99 each way.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
california, los angeles news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured 37 min ago
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway 56 min ago
- DUI driver hits sign, car and pedestrian
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- High turnout seen at secession vote in Crimea
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office 21 min ago
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians