Los Angeles News
Los Angeles-Vegas party train coming in 2013
LAS VEGAS (KABC) -- What happens in Vegas could also happen on a luxurious party train from Southern California to Sin City.
A Nevada company has signed an agreement with Union Pacific Railroad to bring the X Train to life.
The pact allows the Las Vegas Railway Express to use tracks between Daggett in San Bernardino County and Sin City.
The proposed X Train would feature an ultra lounge, recliners, TVs, and private cars for bachelor parties.
"The whole idea is when you get on a train, you feel like you're in Las Vegas," said Michael Barron, president and CEO of the $100 million venture that hopes to launch its maiden voyage on New Year's Eve 2013. "It's essentially a nightclub on wheels."
The trip is expected to last five hours and cost $99 each way.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
california, los angeles news
- Moorpark High on lockdown after threat made 3 min ago
- Rain, winds move into Southern California
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped 20 min ago
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny 43 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'