Los Angeles News
Los Angeles-Vegas party train coming in 2013
LAS VEGAS (KABC) -- What happens in Vegas could also happen on a luxurious party train from Southern California to Sin City.
A Nevada company has signed an agreement with Union Pacific Railroad to bring the X Train to life.
The pact allows the Las Vegas Railway Express to use tracks between Daggett in San Bernardino County and Sin City.
The proposed X Train would feature an ultra lounge, recliners, TVs, and private cars for bachelor parties.
"The whole idea is when you get on a train, you feel like you're in Las Vegas," said Michael Barron, president and CEO of the $100 million venture that hopes to launch its maiden voyage on New Year's Eve 2013. "It's essentially a nightclub on wheels."
The trip is expected to last five hours and cost $99 each way.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
california, los angeles news
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries 41 min ago
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment 15 min ago
- Metro to vote on fate of ExpressLanes pilot
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged 27 min ago
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- OTRC: Peter Jackson: 'The Hobbit 3' title changed
- Dana Point woman fights to keep chickens
33 min ago