Los Angeles News
Northridge man struck by car while walking on freeway after crash
VAN NUYS, Calif. (KABC) -- A 32-year-old man was hospitalized after being struck by several vehicles on the 405 Freeway in Van Nuys.
The man, identified as Shaun Wicks of Northridge, was walking on the northbound freeway around 1:45 a.m. when he was hit. Authorities say the victim got out of his 2010 Mazda after he lost control, spun around, and hit the center divider wall.
He was taken to Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills.
The northbound lanes at Roscoe Boulevard were temporarily closed for the investigation and have since been reopened.
Anyone who may have witnessed or has any information regarding the incident is urged to contact officers at the CHP's West Valley area office at (818) 888-0980.
california highway patrol, accident, car crash, los angeles news
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Free admission offered to all national parks 27 min ago
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour