Los Angeles News
South Pasadena house rammed by car; driver arrested for DUI
SOUTH PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- A driver who crashed her vehicle into a house in South Pasadena early Sunday was taken into custody for driving under the influence of alcohol, authorities said.
Police said he driver, 24-year-old Veronica Villanueva, plowed her minivan through a brick fence and into the home in the 1700 block of Alhambra Road around 2:30 a.m. The car ended up partly in the living room.
Nine people, including seven children, were asleep inside the home at the time of the incident. No one was hurt.
"Being that the van came up to the wall, we would've been dead," said Carmen Gillespie, the home's owner. "She was saying, 'I've got to call my boyfriend.' She didn't say if anyone was hurt. She didn't ask if she killed anyone. Nothing."
Villanueva was booked for driving under the influence and held on $5,000 bail.
car crash, dui, arrest, los angeles news, q mccray
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange 6 min ago
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute 28 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation 57 min ago
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future