Los Angeles News
South Pasadena house rammed by car; driver arrested for DUI
SOUTH PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- A driver who crashed her vehicle into a house in South Pasadena early Sunday was taken into custody for driving under the influence of alcohol, authorities said.
Police said he driver, 24-year-old Veronica Villanueva, plowed her minivan through a brick fence and into the home in the 1700 block of Alhambra Road around 2:30 a.m. The car ended up partly in the living room.
Nine people, including seven children, were asleep inside the home at the time of the incident. No one was hurt.
"Being that the van came up to the wall, we would've been dead," said Carmen Gillespie, the home's owner. "She was saying, 'I've got to call my boyfriend.' She didn't say if anyone was hurt. She didn't ask if she killed anyone. Nothing."
Villanueva was booked for driving under the influence and held on $5,000 bail.
car crash, dui, arrest, los angeles news, q mccray
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour