Los Angeles News
Manhattan Beach Pier rescue: Passerby saves woman from water
MANHATTAN BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A passerby is being credited with helping save a woman screaming for help in the waters off Manhattan Beach's Pier overnight.
Los Angeles County firefighters say the Good Samaritan jumped into the water and kept her afloat, until they arrived and pulled them both to safety.
The incident happened shortly before 11 p.m. Saturday.
The woman was taken to the hospital. Officials say they're treating this incident as a suicide attempt. The woman remained hospitalized as of Sunday afternoon and is expected to fully recover.
rescue, los angeles news
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- Malaysia plane search widens into Andaman Sea 20 min ago
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Kim Kardashian wears sister Kylie's bikini
- Grand Central Market has comfort food galore
47 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
38 min ago