Los Angeles News
Bell teen killed in El Monte 605 Freeway crash
EL MONTE, Calif. (KABC) -- A teenager from Bell was killed in a crash on the 605 Freeway in El Monte Sunday morning.
Ashley Garcia, 17, died after the car she was riding in veered off the freeway just south of Interstate 10. The driver, a 20-year-old man, was taken to the hospital with major injuries.
California Highway Patrol officials say the driver was speeding and lost control. The vehicle rolled over, crashed through a fence and ended up down an embankment.
The cause of the crash was under investigation.
car crash, california highway patrol, los angeles news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Malaysia not sure which way jet was headed
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book