Los Angeles News
Bell teen killed in El Monte 605 Freeway crash
EL MONTE, Calif. (KABC) -- A teenager from Bell was killed in a crash on the 605 Freeway in El Monte Sunday morning.
Ashley Garcia, 17, died after the car she was riding in veered off the freeway just south of Interstate 10. The driver, a 20-year-old man, was taken to the hospital with major injuries.
California Highway Patrol officials say the driver was speeding and lost control. The vehicle rolled over, crashed through a fence and ended up down an embankment.
The cause of the crash was under investigation.
car crash, california highway patrol, los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles 7 min ago
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks 32 min ago
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Telescope detects Earth-like planet
44 min ago