Los Angeles News
Man shot in face on 110 Freeway in South LA
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A search is under way for a shooter who opened fire on the 110 Freeway in South Los Angeles, hitting a man in the face.
The shooting happened around 9 p.m. Sunday on the southbound 110 Freeway near the 105 Freeway.
Police said the victim, a known gang member recently released from prison, was driving in a rival gang territory near 117th Street and Wilmington Avenue. The suspects followed him onto the freeway, where the shooting occurred. One of the bullets struck him in the cheek.
According to authorities, the victim was breathing, conscious and even walking and talking. He was transported to the hospital in stable condition.
Anyone with information was asked to call the Los Angeles Police Department's Southeast Station at (213) 972-7828.
shooting, los angeles news
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Castaic-area brush fire nears containment
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation 15 min ago
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Yosemite park's tourist amenities at stake
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment 7 min ago
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles 56 min ago
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video