Los Angeles News
Man shot in face on 110 Freeway in South LA
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A search is under way for a shooter who opened fire on the 110 Freeway in South Los Angeles, hitting a man in the face.
The shooting happened around 9 p.m. Sunday on the southbound 110 Freeway near the 105 Freeway.
Police said the victim, a known gang member recently released from prison, was driving in a rival gang territory near 117th Street and Wilmington Avenue. The suspects followed him onto the freeway, where the shooting occurred. One of the bullets struck him in the cheek.
According to authorities, the victim was breathing, conscious and even walking and talking. He was transported to the hospital in stable condition.
Anyone with information was asked to call the Los Angeles Police Department's Southeast Station at (213) 972-7828.
shooting, los angeles news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 26 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures 54 min ago
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false
- Russia would welcome Crimea, says top lawmaker 45 min ago
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy' 32 min ago
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)