Los Angeles News
Man shot in face on 110 Freeway in South LA
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A search is under way for a shooter who opened fire on the 110 Freeway in South Los Angeles, hitting a man in the face.
The shooting happened around 9 p.m. Sunday on the southbound 110 Freeway near the 105 Freeway.
Police said the victim, a known gang member recently released from prison, was driving in a rival gang territory near 117th Street and Wilmington Avenue. The suspects followed him onto the freeway, where the shooting occurred. One of the bullets struck him in the cheek.
According to authorities, the victim was breathing, conscious and even walking and talking. He was transported to the hospital in stable condition.
Anyone with information was asked to call the Los Angeles Police Department's Southeast Station at (213) 972-7828.
shooting, los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role