Los Angeles News
Accused IE terrorist denied bail in court
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- Bail was denied Monday afternoon for one of four Southern California men accused of plotting a terrorist attack.
Arifeen David Gojali, a 21-year-old Riverside resident, appeared at U.S. District Court in Riverside for a detention hearing. A federal magistrate will consider whether to let him post bond.
Gojali, Ralph Deleon and Miguel Alejandro Santana Vidriales were charged Nov. 16 following an FBI investigation. They are accused, along with alleged ring leader Sohiel Omar Kabir, of planning to go to Afghanistan, join the Taliban and kill U.S. soldiers.
Deleon and Vidriales are being held without bail. Kabir, formerly of Pomona, is in federal custody in his native Afghanistan.
According to the FBI, Vidriales once told an FBI undercover agent in an online conversation that he wanted to commit jihad and expressed interest in a jihadist training camp in Jalalabad, Afghanistan.
Authorities allege Kabir traveled to Afghanistan and communicated with Vidriales and Deleon over the Internet so he could arrange for their travel to join him and meet with his contacts for terror organizations. They later recruited Gojali.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for next Monday. If convicted, the defendants each face a maximum penalty of 15 years in federal prison.
riverside county, los angeles news
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Norwood pleads not guilty to weapons charge
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting 31 min ago
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
20 min ago