Los Angeles News
LAFD holds training exercise drill at LAX
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles Fire Department held a drill at the Los Angeles International Airport that caused an unusual sight early Wednesday morning.
Smoke and flames from the drill were seen for more than 30 miles from the airport. The drill took place at a training facility at the southwest corner of the airport grounds.
The annual drill was for Los Angeles firefighters serving LAX and Van Nuys Airport to practice lifesaving skills.
City News Service contributed to this report.
los angeles international airport, los angeles city fire department, los angeles news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought 38 min ago
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- DUI driver hits sign, car and pedestrian 25 min ago
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres 37 min ago
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Alcohol sting busts adults buying for minors 9 min ago
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Tyler The Creator arrested at SXSW festival
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report