Los Angeles News
LAFD holds training exercise drill at LAX
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles Fire Department held a drill at the Los Angeles International Airport that caused an unusual sight early Wednesday morning.
Smoke and flames from the drill were seen for more than 30 miles from the airport. The drill took place at a training facility at the southwest corner of the airport grounds.
The annual drill was for Los Angeles firefighters serving LAX and Van Nuys Airport to practice lifesaving skills.
City News Service contributed to this report.
los angeles international airport, los angeles city fire department, los angeles news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Robo-seal pups help patients fight dementia
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- Disney gains rights to 'Indiana Jones' films 1 min ago
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees 15 min ago