Los Angeles News
Protester dangles from Century City traffic light
CENTURY CITY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A protester who attached himself to an overhead traffic light in Century City on Thursday requested to be rescued after his gear malfunctioned.
The demonstration began around 7:30 a.m. There were about 25 people protesting for families facing foreclosure by Deutsche Bank.
The man was dangling from a traffic light on Avenue of the Stars, just south of Santa Monica Boulevard.
Police responded and asked the protester to lower himself down, and he said he would, but when his gear malfunctioned, he was forced to ask for help. A large air bag was deployed underneath the protester in case he fell.
Northbound Avenue of the Stars was closed north of Olympic Boulevard.
protest, los angeles news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 23 min ago
- Fontana suspect escapes from police station
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Parents distracted by devices, study says 46 min ago
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...