Los Angeles News
Protester dangles from Century City traffic light
CENTURY CITY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A protester who attached himself to an overhead traffic light in Century City on Thursday requested to be rescued after his gear malfunctioned.
The demonstration began around 7:30 a.m. There were about 25 people protesting for families facing foreclosure by Deutsche Bank.
The man was dangling from a traffic light on Avenue of the Stars, just south of Santa Monica Boulevard.
Police responded and asked the protester to lower himself down, and he said he would, but when his gear malfunctioned, he was forced to ask for help. A large air bag was deployed underneath the protester in case he fell.
Northbound Avenue of the Stars was closed north of Olympic Boulevard.
protest, los angeles news
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians