Los Angeles News
Protester dangles from Century City traffic light
CENTURY CITY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A protester who attached himself to an overhead traffic light in Century City on Thursday requested to be rescued after his gear malfunctioned.
The demonstration began around 7:30 a.m. There were about 25 people protesting for families facing foreclosure by Deutsche Bank.
The man was dangling from a traffic light on Avenue of the Stars, just south of Santa Monica Boulevard.
Police responded and asked the protester to lower himself down, and he said he would, but when his gear malfunctioned, he was forced to ask for help. A large air bag was deployed underneath the protester in case he fell.
Northbound Avenue of the Stars was closed north of Olympic Boulevard.
protest, los angeles news
- Palmdale boy, 8, may have been tortured
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte 52 min ago
- Eric Garcetti meets with Mayor Villaraigosa 53 min ago
- Local police officer accused of child molest
- Van Nuys stabbing victim's family speaks out
- UC hospital workers' strike ends after 2 days
- Okla. tornado cleanup slowed by thunderstorms 18 min ago
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment
- Charles Ramsey promised free burgers for life
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'
- Pet of the week: Playful terrier-mix Bartleby
42 min ago