Los Angeles News
Husband kills wife, self at Torrance hospital
TORRANCE, Calif. (KABC) -- A husband shot and killed his wife then turned the gun on himself, and it all unfolded at a Torrance hospital.
Torrance police officers responded to reports of shots fired at the Providence Little Company of Mary Hospital on the 4000 block of Torrance Boulevard at about 10:15 p.m. Saturday.
When officer arrived, they found a man and a woman shot on the building's fourth floor. Police say an elderly male entered the hospital, shot and killed his wife, who was a patient at the hospital, before shooting himself. Both died at the scene.
Detectives found one handgun at the scene and say there are no other suspects related to this case. The two have been identified, but their names were not released pending family notification.
The incident is being investigated by the Special Operations Bureau. If you have any information about this case, you're urged to contact the Torrance Police Department Detective Division at (310) 618-5570.
shooting, los angeles news
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Rain, winds move into Southern California
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny 20 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'