Los Angeles News
Husband kills wife, self at Torrance hospital
TORRANCE, Calif. (KABC) -- A husband shot and killed his wife then turned the gun on himself, and it all unfolded at a Torrance hospital.
Torrance police officers responded to reports of shots fired at the Providence Little Company of Mary Hospital on the 4000 block of Torrance Boulevard at about 10:15 p.m. Saturday.
When officer arrived, they found a man and a woman shot on the building's fourth floor. Police say an elderly male entered the hospital, shot and killed his wife, who was a patient at the hospital, before shooting himself. Both died at the scene.
Detectives found one handgun at the scene and say there are no other suspects related to this case. The two have been identified, but their names were not released pending family notification.
The incident is being investigated by the Special Operations Bureau. If you have any information about this case, you're urged to contact the Torrance Police Department Detective Division at (310) 618-5570.
shooting, los angeles news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 54 min ago
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case 2 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced 52 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts 6 min ago