Los Angeles News
Rain slows down work on Sepulveda Boulevard
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The steady rain since last week has extended a road project on Sepulveda Boulevard.
The construction was supposed to be done by Monday, but transportation officials announced they will have to extend the road closure.
All lanes of Sepulveda Boulevard now will be closed from Church Lane to Montana Avenue, from 9 p.m. until 6 a.m. nightly through this Thursday, as crews work to regrade the street.
This is the latest phase of the 405 Freeway widening project, which kicked off last Monday. The project consists of squeezing three-quarters of a mile stretch of Sepulveda Boulevard down to about half of its size.
The $1 billion widening project, which began in January and brought us Carmageddon and Carmageddon 2, is due for completion by 2013.
travel, traffic delay, I-405 closure, los angeles news, q mccray
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought 43 min ago
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts 7 min ago
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres 35 min ago
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack 46 min ago
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report