Los Angeles News
Bicyclist groping girls, women in Long Beach
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Long Beach police are searching for a man suspected of groping girls and women while riding a bicycle.
Police said the suspect targets women walking on or near 4th Street between Chestnut and Junipero avenues in Long Beach. At least a dozen females ranging in age from 12 to their mid 60s were targeted between September and November. Investigators said there may be more victims."Last night, there were 12 (victims), and as of today, and because of the media coverage, we were able to get a 13th victim," said LBPD Sgt. Aaron Eaton.
The suspect has been accused of riding his bike up to his victims, grabbing the buttocks or breasts and riding off.
"It's a quick crime that happens very, very quickly, so the victim is not prepared, not ready for it and is then touched and groped and then he's off and riding away," Eaton said.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic man between the ages of 25 and 50, standing about 5-foot-6 to 6-feet tall and between 180 and 240 pounds with gray and black hair.
"We just don't know if he will continue to escalate into some type of violent crime, and if that's the case, we certainly want to capture him before anything happens further to get him off the street as fast as possible," Eaton said.
Anyone with information on the case was asked to call Long Beach police detectives at (562) 570-7368.
sex crimes, long beach, los angeles news, leanne suter
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- LB mayoral candidate mailer wrongly shows SD
- Benjamin Netanyahu discusses Iran at LA event
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- San Clemente HS lockdown lifted after threat
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss 29 min ago
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease 41 min ago
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter
- Hot yoga: Hazardous for your health?
33 min ago