Los Angeles News
Bicyclist groping girls, women in Long Beach
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Long Beach police are searching for a man suspected of groping girls and women while riding a bicycle.
Police said the suspect targets women walking on or near 4th Street between Chestnut and Junipero avenues in Long Beach. At least a dozen females ranging in age from 12 to their mid 60s were targeted between September and November. Investigators said there may be more victims."Last night, there were 12 (victims), and as of today, and because of the media coverage, we were able to get a 13th victim," said LBPD Sgt. Aaron Eaton.
The suspect has been accused of riding his bike up to his victims, grabbing the buttocks or breasts and riding off.
"It's a quick crime that happens very, very quickly, so the victim is not prepared, not ready for it and is then touched and groped and then he's off and riding away," Eaton said.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic man between the ages of 25 and 50, standing about 5-foot-6 to 6-feet tall and between 180 and 240 pounds with gray and black hair.
"We just don't know if he will continue to escalate into some type of violent crime, and if that's the case, we certainly want to capture him before anything happens further to get him off the street as fast as possible," Eaton said.
Anyone with information on the case was asked to call Long Beach police detectives at (562) 570-7368.
sex crimes, long beach, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Ex-Compton deputy fire chief out on bail
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- AZ sheriff's office profiles Latinos - judge
- London attack: Suspect's friend questioned
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Will Smith reunites with 'Fresh Prince' stars