Los Angeles News
Recovered burglary items displayed online by LAPD
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Thousands of items of stolen property recovered by a Los Angeles Police Department task force are being put on display in an effort to return them to their rightful owners.
The LAPD says it has more than 11,000 items taken during burglaries in Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. Among the recovered items are jewelry, kitchen utensils and cellphones.
Authorities came across the property after their task force started investigating "fence" burglaries earlier this year. Officials said a fence is a person who knowingly buys stolen property for later resale. After extensive surveillance efforts, they arrested several burglary suspects.
Victims can claim their property by looking through photos on the LAPD's website, documenting the item number and calling the LAPD's Operations-Valley Bureau at (818) 644-8091.
They can also send an email to email@example.com. The email should include a brief description of the item, the item number written on the yellow tab in the picture, the name listed as the victim on your burglary report, the report number, the address where the burglary occurred, the date of the crime and a callback number.
burglary, lapd, los angeles news, subha ravindhran
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 53 min ago
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre