Los Angeles News
Northridge killings: 4 suspects arrested in Las Vegas
NORTHRIDGE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Authorities on Tuesday announced the arrests of four suspects in connection to a shooting that left four people dead in Northridge.
During an afternoon press conference, Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck said the suspects were tracked down in Las Vegas, where they were staying at the Silverton Hotel and were arrested without incident.
The suspects arrested were:
- Ka Pasasouk, 31, of Los Angeles.
- Howard Alcantra, 30, of Glendale.
- Christina Neal, 33, of Los Angeles.
- Donna Rabulan, 30, of Los Angeles.
Pasasouk faces a charge of murder; Alcantra faces robbery and aiding a felon charges; and Neal and Rabulan each face a charge of aiding a felon. The suspects will be extradited to Los Angeles in the next several days, Beck said.
"Investigators have worked around the clock since the murders and were able to develop information and leads that pointed them in the direction of four individuals implicated in the heinous crime that took the lives of the four victims," Beck said in an LAPD statement.
Eyewitness News has learned that all four suspects have multiple cases, some with pending arrest warrants.
Few details on the suspects and motives were released because the investigation was ongoing.
The shooting took place during the early morning hours Sunday. Two men and two women were found dead, face down, along a walkway at an unlicensed boarding house in the 17400 block of Devonshire Street.
Investigators said the victims appeared to be targeted and that the shooting was not a random crime. They said at least eight people were inside the residence at the time of the killings.
Police have not yet released the names of the victims. However, Rolina Calabia tells Eyewitness News exclusively one of the victims is her brother, Robert Calabia, an Eagle Rock resident. She said she last saw her brother at their Eagle Rock home an hour before the shooting. He was with the two women victims, she said.
Family members also identified another victim as Amanda Ghossein, who has a 1-year-old daughter and would have turned 25 Tuesday. A third victim was identified as Jennifer Kim, who was in her 20s, and the other man was identified only as a man in his 40s.
"I want them to punish who killed my son," said Calabia's mother, Alice Calabia.
The victims had been visiting friends at that residence when they were confronted and fatally shot by the suspects.
According to a Las Vegas Metro Police Department press release, its investigators tracked down a black Audi with no license plate believed to be used by the suspects. They found the vehicle in the Silverton Hotel parking lot and proceeded to make the arrests Monday afternoon.
Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa congratulated the LAPD "on a job well done." The mayor said Robbery-Homicide Division detectives worked around the clock on the case. The FBI also assisted in the investigation.
A fund has been set up for victim Amanda Ghossein's 1-year-old baby:
Baby Luna Donation Fund
Wells Fargo Bank
Main office at 27702 Crown Valley Parkway, Ladera Ranch, 92694
However, a donation can be made at any branch
shooting, murder, los angeles news
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned 56 min ago
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend 26 min ago
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached
- 9-yr-old FL girl is youngest to bowl 300 game
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future