Los Angeles News
Hula-hoop video at LAFD station raises eyebrows
VENICE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Los Angeles Fire Department station is under investigation because of a YouTube video of hula-hooping. And it's the same station involved in a porn video controversy in the past.
The video was posted last week. It shows a young woman hula-hoop dancing inside Fire Station 63. In the video, the woman is wearing an LAFD helmet, firefighting gear. One firefighter in the video gives the hula-hoop a spin.
Should L.A. city firefighters be involved in this kind of video? Reactions around town were mixed.
The video is part of a weekly video promotional campaign for a Venice-based fitness company called Hoopnotica.
"We're a local business. This is our fire house. They're literally just a couple blocks away, we pass them every day. We go to the pancake breakfast. We know these guys, and so for us it was stopping by and, 'Oh, we'd like to do a video here,'" said Gabriella Redding, Hoopnotica CEO.
The LAFD is taking a different view.
"I am aware of it. I have given it over to my professional standards division and it is currently under investigation," said L.A. Fire Dept. Chief Brian Cummings.
Fire House 63 was the subject of an LAFD investigation last year when it was revealed that a fire truck from the station was used in a pornography shoot. No one was disciplined in that case because that shoot took place in 2008, and there is a bylaw in place that does not allow city employees to be punished for an offense that happened more than two years ago.
los angeles city fire department, los angeles news, robert holguin
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery 15 min ago
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape 56 min ago
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 48 min ago
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Los Angeles Mission serves Good Friday meals
37 min ago