Los Angeles News
Long Beach Airport unveils new concourse
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A ribbon-cutting ceremony was held Wednesday to unveil a new state-of-the-art concourse at Long Beach Airport.
"What we are aiming for was - instead of creating an airport - was to create a resort where people could come in and relax and feel comfortable before they fly out," said Jeff Sedlak of Long Beach Airport.
The $140 million upgrade with a Zen feel and a focus on everything local took about 10 years. There are no national chains. The restaurants and shopping are the best Long Beach has to offer.
The new concourse comes with 4,200 square feet of outdoor space with fire pits and cabanas. Inside, are two new modern terminals. There's technology at travelers' fingertips and sunset views for sipping wine.
As workers finish up the final projects, passengers coming and going are getting a glimpse of the massive upgrade.
"It's a nice airport to go in and out of so to have more stuff would be good," said Yvonne Barragan of San Francisco.
The new concourse opens Dec. 12.
long beach, airport news, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 10 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts