Los Angeles News
Long Beach Airport unveils new concourse
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A ribbon-cutting ceremony was held Wednesday to unveil a new state-of-the-art concourse at Long Beach Airport.
"What we are aiming for was - instead of creating an airport - was to create a resort where people could come in and relax and feel comfortable before they fly out," said Jeff Sedlak of Long Beach Airport.
The $140 million upgrade with a Zen feel and a focus on everything local took about 10 years. There are no national chains. The restaurants and shopping are the best Long Beach has to offer.
The new concourse comes with 4,200 square feet of outdoor space with fire pits and cabanas. Inside, are two new modern terminals. There's technology at travelers' fingertips and sunset views for sipping wine.
As workers finish up the final projects, passengers coming and going are getting a glimpse of the massive upgrade.
"It's a nice airport to go in and out of so to have more stuff would be good," said Yvonne Barragan of San Francisco.
The new concourse opens Dec. 12.
long beach, airport news, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Oklahoma tornado: Recovery effort under way
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls 5 min ago
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- UC hospital workers strike over understaffing
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- Heart rate fitness tool helps burn calories
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 2013 Cannes fashion: celebs don white (Poll)
- AEG Live spent $24M on Michael Jackson tour
48 min ago
- Pet of the week: 2-month-old Chihuahua-mix
33 min ago