Los Angeles News
Long Beach Airport unveils new concourse
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A ribbon-cutting ceremony was held Wednesday to unveil a new state-of-the-art concourse at Long Beach Airport.
"What we are aiming for was - instead of creating an airport - was to create a resort where people could come in and relax and feel comfortable before they fly out," said Jeff Sedlak of Long Beach Airport.
The $140 million upgrade with a Zen feel and a focus on everything local took about 10 years. There are no national chains. The restaurants and shopping are the best Long Beach has to offer.
The new concourse comes with 4,200 square feet of outdoor space with fire pits and cabanas. Inside, are two new modern terminals. There's technology at travelers' fingertips and sunset views for sipping wine.
As workers finish up the final projects, passengers coming and going are getting a glimpse of the massive upgrade.
"It's a nice airport to go in and out of so to have more stuff would be good," said Yvonne Barragan of San Francisco.
The new concourse opens Dec. 12.
long beach, airport news, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'