Los Angeles News
Youth group van crashes fence, dangles from wall in North Hills
NORTH HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A van carrying a youth group Saturday crashed through a fence and ended up dangling from the wall of a wash in North Hills, police said.
Police said the driver of the van tried to avoid another car in the 15100 block of West Parthenia Street, but hit the gas pedal instead of the brake. The white van came to rest about 12 feet above the wash.
"They were going on a trip, approximately 12 children on board," said Los Angeles police Sgt. Ashraf Hanna. "One of the children complained of pain."
The child was taken to the hospital for observation but later released.
The youth group continued on with their trip.
car crash, los angeles news
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut