Los Angeles News
Youth group van crashes fence, dangles from wall in North Hills
NORTH HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A van carrying a youth group Saturday crashed through a fence and ended up dangling from the wall of a wash in North Hills, police said.
Police said the driver of the van tried to avoid another car in the 15100 block of West Parthenia Street, but hit the gas pedal instead of the brake. The white van came to rest about 12 feet above the wash.
"They were going on a trip, approximately 12 children on board," said Los Angeles police Sgt. Ashraf Hanna. "One of the children complained of pain."
The child was taken to the hospital for observation but later released.
The youth group continued on with their trip.
car crash, los angeles news
- NYC apartment explosion kills 1, injures 15 6 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 22 min ago
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage 38 min ago
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)