Los Angeles News
LAPD officer allegedly broke man's jaw during 2011 off-duty fight
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Los Angeles Police Department officer faces a battery charge after authorities say he broke a man's jaw while off duty.
Donald Peko, 35, is accused of punching 23-year-old Christopher Price during a family party in Whittier last year.
Peko told Price he couldn't leave with an open container of alcohol. When Price started to drink to finish the bottle, Peko allegedly punched him without warning and broke Price's jaw.
Peko, who was charged with battery with serious bodily injury, was released on $50,000 bail and is due back in Los Angeles Superior Court for arraignment Jan. 18.
If convicted, he faces up to four years in state prison.
lapd, arrest, los angeles news
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Rain, winds move into Southern California
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'
- How to make delicious tamales for holidays
52 min ago
- Boy w/ heart problem learns via Skype
59 min ago
- Aulani Resort is perfect holiday getaway
43 min ago