Los Angeles News
South El Monte break-in suspect beat, bound woman
SOUTH EL MONTE, Calif. (KABC) -- Los Angeles County deputies are looking for a man who assaulted a woman during a home invasion in South El Monte.
The incident happened shortly before 6:30 p.m. Friday in the 10400 block of Thienes Avenue.
Investigators say the woman had just arrived at her home when she heard her dogs barking in her back yard. When she opened the back door to see what was going on, the suspect attacked her.
Capt. Chris Nee with the sheriff's department said the suspect "savagely assaulted" the woman with his fists, causing substantial injuries to her face. Nee said the suspect then knocked her to the ground, bound her arms and legs and dragged her to the bedroom.
The suspect searched the house for anything of value, and then returned to the bedroom to ask the victim where she kept money in the home. When the victim said there was money in a detached garage, the suspect exited the home and headed there to search for cash.
Nee said that's when the victim's husband pulled into the driveway. Officials believe the suspect saw this and fled the scene on foot.
"I come here, I don't see him," said the woman, who did not want to be identified.
The woman, who is in her mid-30s, was taken to an area hospital to be treated for her injuries. She has since been released and expected to be OK.
Authorities described the suspect as a Hispanic man in his late 20s, about 5-feet-8 inches tall, weighing 160 to 180 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and dark jeans.
Anyone with information that could help investigators track down the suspect is urged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Temple Station at (626) 285-7171
home invasion, robbery, los angeles news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- LAPD officers to wear body cameras downtown 2 min ago
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- 3-yr-old recovering after 5-organ transplant 59 min ago
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present