Los Angeles News
South El Monte break-in suspect beat, bound woman
SOUTH EL MONTE, Calif. (KABC) -- Los Angeles County deputies are looking for a man who assaulted a woman during a home invasion in South El Monte.
The incident happened shortly before 6:30 p.m. Friday in the 10400 block of Thienes Avenue.
Investigators say the woman had just arrived at her home when she heard her dogs barking in her back yard. When she opened the back door to see what was going on, the suspect attacked her.
Capt. Chris Nee with the sheriff's department said the suspect "savagely assaulted" the woman with his fists, causing substantial injuries to her face. Nee said the suspect then knocked her to the ground, bound her arms and legs and dragged her to the bedroom.
The suspect searched the house for anything of value, and then returned to the bedroom to ask the victim where she kept money in the home. When the victim said there was money in a detached garage, the suspect exited the home and headed there to search for cash.
Nee said that's when the victim's husband pulled into the driveway. Officials believe the suspect saw this and fled the scene on foot.
"I come here, I don't see him," said the woman, who did not want to be identified.
The woman, who is in her mid-30s, was taken to an area hospital to be treated for her injuries. She has since been released and expected to be OK.
Authorities described the suspect as a Hispanic man in his late 20s, about 5-feet-8 inches tall, weighing 160 to 180 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and dark jeans.
Anyone with information that could help investigators track down the suspect is urged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Temple Station at (626) 285-7171
home invasion, robbery, los angeles news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks