Los Angeles News
Duarte ex-teacher acquitted of sex-related charges
DUARTE, Calif. (KABC) -- A 43-year-old man who taught at a Duarte elementary school was acquitted of sex-related charges involving five of his female students.
Jurors deliberated for about four days before acquitting Wade Joseph Dughman on Friday.
The charges involved allegations of crimes between 1997 and 2010 relating to five girls who attended Beardslee Elementary School, where Bughman taught sixth grade since 1993.
The crimes included rape, oral copulation of a minor, penetration of foreign objects and other sexual abuse charges.
The defense noted its client passed two lie detector tests, and that an expert who usually testifies for the prosecution concluded Bughman was not a pedophile.
los angeles news
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4 42 min ago
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax 19 min ago
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court 13 min ago
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments