Los Angeles News
Duarte ex-teacher acquitted of sex-related charges
DUARTE, Calif. (KABC) -- A 43-year-old man who taught at a Duarte elementary school was acquitted of sex-related charges involving five of his female students.
Jurors deliberated for about four days before acquitting Wade Joseph Dughman on Friday.
The charges involved allegations of crimes between 1997 and 2010 relating to five girls who attended Beardslee Elementary School, where Bughman taught sixth grade since 1993.
The crimes included rape, oral copulation of a minor, penetration of foreign objects and other sexual abuse charges.
The defense noted its client passed two lie detector tests, and that an expert who usually testifies for the prosecution concluded Bughman was not a pedophile.
los angeles news
- Malaysian official: Missing jet hijacked 24 min ago
- Westbound 134 Fwy closed due to police activity
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake 15 min ago
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)