Los Angeles News
Duarte ex-teacher acquitted of sex-related charges
DUARTE, Calif. (KABC) -- A 43-year-old man who taught at a Duarte elementary school was acquitted of sex-related charges involving five of his female students.
Jurors deliberated for about four days before acquitting Wade Joseph Dughman on Friday.
The charges involved allegations of crimes between 1997 and 2010 relating to five girls who attended Beardslee Elementary School, where Bughman taught sixth grade since 1993.
The crimes included rape, oral copulation of a minor, penetration of foreign objects and other sexual abuse charges.
The defense noted its client passed two lie detector tests, and that an expert who usually testifies for the prosecution concluded Bughman was not a pedophile.
los angeles news
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 27 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed 13 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)