Los Angeles News
Man arrested in Santa Monica shooting; motive unknown
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man is facing attempted murder charges after shooting a woman in Santa Monica as she tried to run from him.
The shooting happened around 5 p.m. Saturday afternoon near the intersection of 20th Street and Pico Boulevard.
While fleeing, the woman flagged down a passing vehicle for help and jumped in a car with two people. According to Santa Monica Police, the suspect managed to catch up to the vehicle, run onto the sidewalk of the busy intersection, and shoot her multiple times. The vehicle driving the victim drove to Pico and Lincoln boulevards and called police after the shooting.
Officers arrested the man about an hour later after he fled the scene.
The unidentified woman is hospitalized, but is expected to be okay.
Authorities say she is not cooperating with their investigation.
The driver and passenger who stopped to help the victim were not injured.
CNS contributed to this report.
arrest, shooting, murder, los angeles news
- Tour bus rolls over on 15 Freeway in Corona 7 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 80+ hurt
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- 14 hospitalized in Riverside County bus crash
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game 37 min ago
- Honda tops IIHS list of safest new cars
- Willie Nelson, Daft Punk to perform at Grammys
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis