Los Angeles News
Man arrested in Santa Monica shooting; motive unknown
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man is facing attempted murder charges after shooting a woman in Santa Monica as she tried to run from him.
The shooting happened around 5 p.m. Saturday afternoon near the intersection of 20th Street and Pico Boulevard.
While fleeing, the woman flagged down a passing vehicle for help and jumped in a car with two people. According to Santa Monica Police, the suspect managed to catch up to the vehicle, run onto the sidewalk of the busy intersection, and shoot her multiple times. The vehicle driving the victim drove to Pico and Lincoln boulevards and called police after the shooting.
Officers arrested the man about an hour later after he fled the scene.
The unidentified woman is hospitalized, but is expected to be okay.
Authorities say she is not cooperating with their investigation.
The driver and passenger who stopped to help the victim were not injured.
CNS contributed to this report.
arrest, shooting, murder, los angeles news
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins 11 min ago
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins 12 min ago
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Huffing suspected in college student's death
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10