Los Angeles News
Man arrested in Santa Monica shooting; motive unknown
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man is facing attempted murder charges after shooting a woman in Santa Monica as she tried to run from him.
The shooting happened around 5 p.m. Saturday afternoon near the intersection of 20th Street and Pico Boulevard.
While fleeing, the woman flagged down a passing vehicle for help and jumped in a car with two people. According to Santa Monica Police, the suspect managed to catch up to the vehicle, run onto the sidewalk of the busy intersection, and shoot her multiple times. The vehicle driving the victim drove to Pico and Lincoln boulevards and called police after the shooting.
Officers arrested the man about an hour later after he fled the scene.
The unidentified woman is hospitalized, but is expected to be okay.
Authorities say she is not cooperating with their investigation.
The driver and passenger who stopped to help the victim were not injured.
CNS contributed to this report.
arrest, shooting, murder, los angeles news
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd 31 min ago
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting 55 min ago
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping 58 min ago
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Kim Kardashian wears sister Kylie's bikini
- Grand Central Market has comfort food galore
14 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
5 min ago