Los Angeles News
Man arrested in Santa Monica shooting; motive unknown
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man is facing attempted murder charges after shooting a woman in Santa Monica as she tried to run from him.
The shooting happened around 5 p.m. Saturday afternoon near the intersection of 20th Street and Pico Boulevard.
While fleeing, the woman flagged down a passing vehicle for help and jumped in a car with two people. According to Santa Monica Police, the suspect managed to catch up to the vehicle, run onto the sidewalk of the busy intersection, and shoot her multiple times. The vehicle driving the victim drove to Pico and Lincoln boulevards and called police after the shooting.
Officers arrested the man about an hour later after he fled the scene.
The unidentified woman is hospitalized, but is expected to be okay.
Authorities say she is not cooperating with their investigation.
The driver and passenger who stopped to help the victim were not injured.
CNS contributed to this report.
arrest, shooting, murder, los angeles news
- Artesia hit-run accident leaves woman dead
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- Protests against Monsanto held around world
- Boy on bicycle killed by truck in Simi Valley
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley 41 min ago
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Communications satellite launched into space
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- Bynes alleges sexual assault by NYPD officer
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert
- Eye on LA reveals sizzling hot summer guide