Los Angeles News
Commercial building catches on fire in Vernon
VERNON, Calif. (KABC) -- A commercial building that houses three businesses in Vernon caught on fire Sunday.
The second alarm fire was reported around 7:30 p.m. at 49th Street and Santa Fe Avenue. More than 50 firefighters responded to the scene.
The building was evacuated and there were no reports of injuries. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
The extent of damage was not immediately known, but a partial roof collapse was reported.
fire, los angeles news
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens 40 min ago
- Fewer travelers expected Memorial Day weekend
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; 3 injured
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter' 32 min ago
- 405 North crash, fuel spill snarls traffic 16 min ago
- LA gang activity coordinated from Kansas home
- LB regulates loud mufflers w/ electronic sign
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge 20 min ago
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews 46 min ago