Los Angeles News
Commercial building catches on fire in Vernon
VERNON, Calif. (KABC) -- A commercial building that houses three businesses in Vernon caught on fire Sunday.
The second alarm fire was reported around 7:30 p.m. at 49th Street and Santa Fe Avenue. More than 50 firefighters responded to the scene.
The building was evacuated and there were no reports of injuries. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
The extent of damage was not immediately known, but a partial roof collapse was reported.
fire, los angeles news
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Suspect killed in Alhambra PD station ID'ed
- Simi Valley attack may be gang-related, police say 43 min ago
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- NorCal beach parking fee fight gets heated
- Frazier Park fire almost fully contained 35 min ago
- Obama addresses Morehouse College graduates
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list