Los Angeles News
Long Beach police search for armed robbery suspect
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Some people in Long Beach were evacuated Sunday night as police looked for an armed man. The suspect remained at large as of Monday morning.
Police said the suspect robbed a pizza delivery driver just before 8 p.m. in the 800 block of East Anaheim Street.
Officers started chasing the suspect and eventually shot at him. It was unclear if they hit the suspect. The officers were not injured.
A perimeter was set up in a five-block area as a SWAT team conducted its search, but the perimeter was broken down at 7:30 a.m. The suspect remains outstanding.
officer-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Reseda shooting injures 2 on Canby Avenue 24 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE 17 min ago
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Understanding symbols on plastic containers
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
35 min ago