Los Angeles News
Long Beach police search for armed robbery suspect
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Some people in Long Beach were evacuated Sunday night as police looked for an armed man. The suspect remained at large as of Monday morning.
Police said the suspect robbed a pizza delivery driver just before 8 p.m. in the 800 block of East Anaheim Street.
Officers started chasing the suspect and eventually shot at him. It was unclear if they hit the suspect. The officers were not injured.
A perimeter was set up in a five-block area as a SWAT team conducted its search, but the perimeter was broken down at 7:30 a.m. The suspect remains outstanding.
officer-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies 35 min ago
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators 20 min ago
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy