Los Angeles News
Man in wheelchair killed in Long Beach hit-and-run
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way for a driver who hit and killed a man in a wheelchair in Long Beach and then took off.
The incident happened around 5:30 p.m. Sunday as 55-year-old Robert Diaz was crossing Artesia Boulevard at Rose Avenue.
An eyewitness said the driver pulled around the corner, got out of the car and walked back to the scene of the accident before taking off.
Diaz was transported to a nearby hospital in serious condition, but later died.
Officials said the driver was in a silver four-door sedan. He was described as a Hispanic male in his 30s, about 6 feet tall, 190 to 200 pounds, with black hair.
Anyone with information was asked to call authorities at (562) 570-7355.
hit and run, los angeles news
- Amber Alert issued for Long Beach boy 32 min ago
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 10 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet 49 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K 58 min ago
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...