Los Angeles News
Man in wheelchair killed in Long Beach hit-and-run
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way for a driver who hit and killed a man in a wheelchair in Long Beach and then took off.
The incident happened around 5:30 p.m. Sunday as 55-year-old Robert Diaz was crossing Artesia Boulevard at Rose Avenue.
An eyewitness said the driver pulled around the corner, got out of the car and walked back to the scene of the accident before taking off.
Diaz was transported to a nearby hospital in serious condition, but later died.
Officials said the driver was in a silver four-door sedan. He was described as a Hispanic male in his 30s, about 6 feet tall, 190 to 200 pounds, with black hair.
Anyone with information was asked to call authorities at (562) 570-7355.
hit and run, los angeles news
- Authorities investigate body found in Laguna Hills 41 min ago
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital 36 min ago
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park 13 min ago
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Newtown priest speaks out on shooting
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son