Los Angeles News
Palms newsstand explosion caused by homemade device
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A homemade device was the source of an explosion at a newspaper vending machine in the Palms area of Los Angeles.
The Los Angeles Fire Department got a call at about 6:45 a.m. Wednesday about a fire near the corner of Venice Boulevard and Overland Avenue.
After putting out the flames, firefighters found some type of explosive. The bomb squad was called, and investigators say it was a homemade device.
No one was hurt, but the newspaper vending machine was destroyed.
explosion, bombing, los angeles news
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill
- Bear cub frequents Duarte for snacks
38 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
32 min ago