Los Angeles News
Palms newsstand explosion caused by homemade device
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A homemade device was the source of an explosion at a newspaper vending machine in the Palms area of Los Angeles.
The Los Angeles Fire Department got a call at about 6:45 a.m. Wednesday about a fire near the corner of Venice Boulevard and Overland Avenue.
After putting out the flames, firefighters found some type of explosive. The bomb squad was called, and investigators say it was a homemade device.
No one was hurt, but the newspaper vending machine was destroyed.
explosion, bombing, los angeles news
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Secret Service probing Target security breach 27 min ago
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point 37 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Fundraiser held for Corona football player
38 min ago