Los Angeles News
LA deputy charged with assaulting inmates
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An L.A. County sheriff's deputy has been charged with assaulting inmates in Compton and L.A. in 2009 and 2010.
Jermaine W. Jackson, 35, was arrested Thursday and charged with six counts: two of assault likely to produce great bodily injury, two of assault under color of authority and two of false report by a police officer.
The first assault allegedly involved one inmate and occurred at the Compton Courthouse on Dec. 31, 2003.
Jackson is being held in lieu of $100,000 bail. The suspect's arraignment date is pending.
arrest, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition
- High-speed chase leads to arrests, 5 injuries
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report