Los Angeles News
'Ear Gauge Stalker' composite sketch released
SYLMAR, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police have released a sketch of a sexual assault suspect in Sylmar.
The composite sketch shows that the suspect, dubbed as the "Ear Gauge Stalker," has distinct earlobe gauge piercings.
Police said he groped one woman who was pushing a baby stroller, but ran away when she screamed. The suspect grabbed another woman, dragged her to a secluded area and tried to undress her before two passersby scared him off.
The attacks happened last Sunday at the Mountain View Manor apartments on Dronfield Avenue.
"The suspect's bold behavior speaks to someone who is impulsive and probably compulsive," said Lt. Paul Vernon with the Los Angeles Police Department.
The suspect was described as a medium-build African American man in his mid-20s, standing 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighing 160 pounds.
Anyone with information was urged to call Los Angeles Regional Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.
sex crimes, sexual assault, los angeles news
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4 19 min ago
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments