Los Angeles News
'Ear Gauge Stalker' suspect surrenders to police
SYLMAR, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 20-year-old suspect dubbed the "Ear Gauge Stalker" was arrested after he walked into the San Fernando LAPD station and surrendered to police.
Authorities say Kevion Ray Hunt arrived at the station Friday morning with his mother. Hunt's mother said she knew police were looking for her son and wanted to speak with investigators.
Police had released a composite sketch earlier in the day to catch the suspect, who got his nickname because of his distinct earlobe gauge piercings.
Investigators said the suspect groped a woman who was pushing a baby stroller, but ran away when she screamed. The suspect grabbed another woman, dragged her to a secluded area and tried to undress her before two passersby scared him off. Both attacks happened last Sunday at the Mountain View Manor apartments on Dronfield Avenue.
Hunt was booked at the Van Nuys Jail for attempted rape. His bail was set at $100,000.
sex crimes, sexual assault, los angeles news
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide 56 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- 'Octomom' pleads not guilty to 4th charge
- East LA coach pleads no contest to molest 16 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker