Los Angeles News
'Ear Gauge Stalker' suspect surrenders to police
SYLMAR, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 20-year-old suspect dubbed the "Ear Gauge Stalker" was arrested after he walked into the San Fernando LAPD station and surrendered to police.
Authorities say Kevion Ray Hunt arrived at the station Friday morning with his mother. Hunt's mother said she knew police were looking for her son and wanted to speak with investigators.
Police had released a composite sketch earlier in the day to catch the suspect, who got his nickname because of his distinct earlobe gauge piercings.
Investigators said the suspect groped a woman who was pushing a baby stroller, but ran away when she screamed. The suspect grabbed another woman, dragged her to a secluded area and tried to undress her before two passersby scared him off. Both attacks happened last Sunday at the Mountain View Manor apartments on Dronfield Avenue.
Hunt was booked at the Van Nuys Jail for attempted rape. His bail was set at $100,000.
sex crimes, sexual assault, los angeles news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 44 min ago
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case 3 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced 42 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts