Los Angeles News
Tattoo artist found fatally shot in South Gate
SOUTH GATE, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was found shot to death at a tattoo parlor in South Gate and a search is under way for his killer.
Well-known tattoo artist Erik Herrera was gunned down inside Kokopelli Ink. Known for his detailed portrait work, customers were shocked to see the tattoo parlor on Tweedy Boulevard surrounded by police tape.
"It's sad. It's sad, because I know he kept saying it over and over, 'I just want to spend Sunday with my family. I can't do it for you because I want to be with my family,'" recalled customer Alexandra Izquierdo.
It's unclear when Herrera was murdered. Customers said he was at the shop Saturday night, and according to investigators, it was his family members who made the horrifying discovery around 11:30 a.m. Sunday.
Detectives are trying to figure out why the father of two young children was killed. Authorities said he was shot multiple times and pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators said so far they have no leads. Anyone with information was asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
murder, shooting, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 35 min ago
- Fontana suspect escapes from police station 36 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 34 min ago
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...