Los Angeles News
2 Northridge shooting suspects appear in court
VAN NUYS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Two of the suspects in the killings of four people in Northridge appeared in court Wednesday on unrelated charges. The victims' loved ones were there to try to get their first look at the alleged triggerman.
Ex-convict Ka Pasasouk returned to court Wednesday. He's a repeat offender and the suspected shooter of four people, including Amanda Ghossein.
"He took her life and we love her and we miss her. And we are going to get justice," said Illina, Amanda's aunt.
What is unjust, they say, is that Pasasouk was out loose in the community at all. County officials agree.
It was in the same courtroom before the same judge when the district attorney had recommended that Pasasouk be freed in September. The judge concurred. Two months later Pasasouk was arrested on suspicion of quadruple homicide.
The L.A. County District Attorney's office admitted it was mistaken. Pasasouk had not been eligible for probation.
"What if they locked him in when they were supposed to? Amanda would be here," said Amanda's mother, Glynna.
Wednesday Pasasouk's probation was revoked pending a future hearing.
There are three alleged accomplices. One of them, Christina Neal, is now free. The district attorney will not say why, only that she is no longer in custody. Donna Rabulan remains in custody. Howard Alcantara, appeared Wednesday in the San Fernando courthouse but not on camera. The four-time felon faces new charges of robbery and assault with a deadly weapon in two separate incidents that preceded the Northridge shooting.
County officials meantime are reviewing the multiple murder case, where there were lapses, and what needs to change.
Investigators expect to file charges in January.
shooting, murder, los angeles news, miriam hernandez
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 12 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence 54 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 36 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon 22 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...