Los Angeles News
Naked man stomps on car in downtown LA - caught on camera
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A naked man believed to have overdosed on narcotics was taken into custody Wednesday night after running into the streets of downtown Los Angeles and stomping the roof of a stopped car, police said.
Witnesses said they first saw the naked man inside the elevator of an apartment building. The man soon got into a fight with the doorman and then headed out onto the street in the 600 block of South Spring Street.
The naked man then ran into a parked van, fell on his behind, got up and climbed onto a red Ford Mustang with two passengers inside it. Video shot by witnesses shows the man stomping on top of the car, trying to get others nearby to applaud him.
As crowds started to gather at the scene, the man completely lies down, but he is bleeding profusely after stomping on broken glass. Witnesses then saw a confrontation.
"He charged the driver of the Mustang. The driver of the Mustang was standing in front of his female partner. In a will to defend her, he struck the individual in the chin and dazed him and knocked him to the ground. That gave the public safety [officers] a couple of minutes to catch up with him and to detain him across the street," said witness Domingo Payan.
The Mustang had extensive damage, including a broken windshield and a dented roof. The man was treated at Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center for a possible narcotics overdose and will be charged with felony vandalism, police said. No one else was injured.
Witnesses believe the man may have lived in the apartment building where he was seen in the elevator.
arrest, los angeles news, elex michaelson
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 31 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts 59 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
48 min ago